Want to look years younger but not ready for surgery yet? Dermal fillers, also known as tissue fillers, are becoming an increasingly popular alternative. Dr. Cash offers several injectable fillers at her practice in Houston, including Restylane® JUVÉDERM® and many others, each with its own advantages. She'll help you choose the one that best suits your needs.
At her luxurious on-site medical spa, Dr. Cash offers a variety of state-of-the-art treatments, either in place of surgery, or to enhance surgical results. Her extensive training with dermal fillers allows her to create results that take years off while looking completely natural.
If you would like to learn more about your Houston dermal filler options, request a consultation online today, or call (713) 571-0600 to schedule your private appointment with Dr. Cash.
Dermal Filler Patient Results
This patient wanted to get rid of the smile lines (nasolabial folds) around the corners of her mouth that became more noticeable after weight loss. Dr. Cash used 2 syringes of JUVÉDERM®.
Dermal Filler Options
Dr. Cash will carefully select the appropriate injection sites and the best filler to achieve the results that you want from your treatment. She may suggest combining a filler with injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic for greater facial rejuvenation. Filler options include:
- JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and Restylane® Silk: All of these popular wrinkle fillers are based on non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA). Injected under the skin's surface, they provide a support structure and they attract moisture molecules to hydrate the skin. While these products vary in their uses, which include smoothing wrinkles and sculpting lips, all are safe and provide long-lasting results.
- JUVÉDERM® VOLUMA XC: This hyaluronic acid filler is the first injectable that is FDA-approved to add or replace facial volume in the entire cheek area in people over age 21. VOLUMA XC contains lidocaine for increased comfort during treatments. Results may last up to 2 years.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC: Using the same active ingredient in other JUVÉDERM products, VOLBELLA adds volume, shape, and definition in a unique formulation that's ideal for the lips. VOLBELLA can dramatically improve thin, wrinkled, or "deflated" lips and reduce the appearance of lines around the mouth for up to 1 year.
- Restylane® Lyft (formerly Perlane): This was the first filler approved by the FDA to both augment and lift the cheeks and add volume to the nasolabial folds, often called "smile lines," for patients who are at least 21. Restylane Lyft is a hyaluronic acid-based filler that includes lidocaine to minimize discomfort during your treatment.
- RADIESSE®: RADIESSE is a calcium-based filler. It's a versatile product that can both fill wrinkles and contour where volume has been lost, and it's long-lasting as well. For some patients RADIESSE lasts up to 12 months or even longer.
- Sculptra®: Poly-L-lactic acid is the active ingredient in the injectable Sculptra, a product designed to reverse the signs of facial fat loss, whether from illness or the simple process of aging. It's safe, biocompatible and long-lasting.
- Bellafill®: Bellafill contains PMMA microspheres and purified bovine collagen gel with an anesthetic for comfort during injection. The unique microspheres in Bellafill are not absorbed by the body and provide the permanent support your skin needs for long lasting (up to 5 years) wrinkle correction. A skin test must be administered 4 weeks prior to treatment to screen for allergy to bovine collagen.
The cost for dermal filler treatments starts at approximately $600, and differs between products, areas being treated, and the amount of filler needed.
In this Plastic Surgery Channel™ video, Dr. Cash talks about using fillers and other non-surgical treatments to maintain a beautiful, youthful look.
Dermal Filler Treatments with Dr. Cash
Dermal filler treatments are becoming more and more common, but it takes the skill and artistic sensibility of a plastic surgeon to create truly exceptional results with these products. The procedure typically takes only a few minutes, with minimal discomfort. Many of the products now come pre-mixed with anesthetic, so only the tiny pinch of the needle is felt. Afterwards, minor redness, swelling, and in some cases bruising may be present for a day or two, but these are easily concealed with makeup. Results typically last 6 to 12 months or longer, depending on the product and the person.
When you meet with Dr. Cash, she will assess your concerns and discuss your treatment options with you. Dr. Cash invites you to request a consultation for a personal, private appointment, or you can call (713) 571-0600 to schedule a visit with us.