I am thrilled to introduce the launch of my #CashedOut semaglutide weight loss shots, now available at my office in the Upper Kirby area of Houston, TX!
Semaglutide (the active ingredient in Ozempic® and Wegovy®) is one of the most buzzworthy topics these days – and for good reason. From Hollywood elite, to top social media influencers, to our friends, family, and co-workers, it feels like people EVERYWHERE are suddenly achieving their long-sought after weight loss in an almost effortless manner. And while there are countless headlines speculating on who is using semaglutide, and stories recounting the origins of semagltuide as a treatment for diabetes, what’s less frequently discussed is how exactly this medication is producing such profound effects on weight loss. In this blog, we’ll explore that very topic to shed light on how my #CashedOut semaglutide weight loss program can help you shed pounds.
So How Does It Work?
Semaglutide works on multiple levels to help patients achieve a trimmer, healthier figure. It’s profound effectiveness on weight management is attributed to the following mechanisms of action:
- Appetite Reduction: Semaglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist (GLP-1 RA). It mimics the effects of GLP-1, a natural hormone produced in the intestines. When semaglutide is administered, it activates GLP-1 receptors in the hypothalamus, a part of the brain that regulates hunger and satiety. This activation sends signals to the brain that create a sense of fullness and reduce feelings of hunger, effectively curbing appetite.
- Delayed Gastric Emptying: When food remains in the stomach for a longer period, it extends the physical feelings of fullness after a meal. Semaglutide slows down the emptying of the stomach, leaving you feeling satisfied for longer with less desire to eat or snack between meals.
- Making “Treats” Less Of A “Treat”: When we crave sweets or high-caloric treats, oftentimes it is the feelings of comfort and pleasure that we associate with these foods that we are actually craving. GLP-1 agonists like semaglutide can reduce the brain’s reward response to such foods which in effect makes them seem less appealing and gratifying, making it easier to resist their previously tantalizing allure. Many people find they no longer have a desire to drink alcohol which some attribute to semaglutide potentially lessening its pleasurable effects.
- Improved Glycemic Control: Rapid fluctuations in blood glucose levels can trigger a strong urge to quickly take in calories. By stabilizing blood sugar levels, semaglutide can help tame physiological cues that drive feelings of hunger and craving.
- Increased Physical Activity: As blood sugar levels become more stable, individuals may experience increased energy levels and motivation for physical activity which can also aid in weight loss. My Cashed Out Weight Loss packages include weekly B-12 shots for an extra boost of energy
- Fat Metabolism: Some studies suggest that GLP-1 receptor agonists like semaglutide may influence fat metabolism by promoting the breakdown of fat for energy. Though this primarily leads to a reduction in subcutaneous (below the skin) fat, semaglutide appears to also indirectly help shed visceral fat (aka “belly fat” or “abdominal fat” – a type of fat that is stored in the abdominal cavity, surrounding vital organs such as the liver, pancreas, and intestines.)
Semaglutide’s effectiveness in weight loss is supported by robust clinical trials. In these studies, participants who received semaglutide consistently achieved more substantial weight loss compared to those on a placebo. Some individuals experienced significant reductions in body weight, often reaching levels that can greatly improve overall health.
My #CashedOut Weight Loss program begins with a consultation visit to my office where we will review your health history, take your measurements, and you will receive lab orders for a basic metabolic panel (BMP) and A1-C test. Your lab results, BMI, and other health factors will be analyzed to determine whether or not semaglutide is a safe and suitable2 option for helping you achieve your goals.
Taking The Next Steps
Semaglutide has been a game-changer in helping both men and women overcome obstacles standing in the way of their weight loss goals. But it’s important to keep in mind that maintaining one’s figure will require a lasting commitment to healthy lifestyle choices. Think of our #CashedOut Weight Loss Shots as a powerful catalyst in kickstarting the journey towards a trimmer, healthier, happier you. To get started, call my Houston office today at (713) 571-0600 or request a consultation using our online form.
1 References used in writing this blog:
- Once-Weekly Semaglutide in Adults with Overweight or Obesity
- How does the drug in Ozempic and Wegovy help you lose weight?
- Semaglutide for weight loss – what you need to know
- Weight Loss Outcomes Associated With Semaglutide Treatment for Patients With Overweight or Obesity
- Semaglutide reduces excess body fat in people with obesity
- Semaglutide Injection (Weight Management)
- OpenAI used to synthesize information regarding GLP-1 functioning and mechanisms of action on visceral vs subcutaneous fat
2 We do not recommend semaglutide for weight loss for individuals who:
- Are breast feeding, pregnant, or planning on becoming pregnant in the near future
- Have a personal or familiar history of Thyroid Cancer of Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma (MTC)
- Have Pancreatitis
- Have severe gastrointestinal disease
- Allergies to semaglutide or any of it’s components.
- Kidney or liver problems