Dr. Camille Cash is known for providing beautiful, natural-looking breast augmentation results for her Houston patients. Because your breast implants will directly influence the final look of your breasts, Dr. Cash offers both saline and silicone options in a variety of shapes and sizes. She will take the time to walk you through the many combinations to help you make the choice that is best suited to your body and unique goals.
To learn more about your choices for breast implants with Dr. Cash in Houston, TX, request a consultation or call (713) 571-0600 to meet with her soon.
Before and After Breast Implants Patient Results
Choosing Saline or Silicone
Dr. Cash offers a choice of silicone-filled or saline-filled, FDA-approved breast implants. She can show you samples during your breast augmentation consultation and help you choose which is best for you. There are pros and cons for each type.
- Saline: Saline implants are filled with a sterile saltwater solution. Some women choose these implants because the filling is more natural than silicone. Saline implants are filled after they are placed inside the body, so the incisions can be very tiny and the size of the implants can be adjusted while they are in place. The downsides include sloshing, rippling, and a less natural feel than silicone implants.
- Silicone: Breast augmentation patients who are at least age 22 can choose silicone breast implants. Breast reconstruction patients of any age may choose silicone implants. Dr. Cash offers implants filled with the latest cohesive silicone gel and form-stable silicone (gummy bear implants). Silicone implants are more expensive than saline, but they feel and move more like natural breasts.
The Right Size for You
Determining breast implant size isn't as simple as picking out a bra. Breast implants are sized in terms of volume (cubic centimeters, or cc), not bra cup size. Fortunately, Dr. Cash has experience helping a wide range of breast augmentation patients choose the most flattering size of implants. Your job is to let her know what you'd like to change about your breasts such as adding fullness all over or just to the upper portion. It can be helpful to show her photos of women who are the size you'd like to attain. You will be able to try on implant sizers as well.
Dr. Cash will recommend an implant size for you by factoring in:
- Your amount of breast tissue
- The laxity of your breast skin
- Your height, weight, chest diameter, and frame
While Dr. Cash strives for balanced results, she understands that many women do not have breasts of identical sizes. Therefore, she uses differently sized implants for each breast when necessary.
Other Breast Implant Options
Saline and silicone implants are available in a variety of shapes and profiles with a choice of smooth or textured outer coverings.
- Shape: Round is an excellent choice for enhancing cleavage and upper breast fullness. Teardrop, also called shaped and anatomical, is designed to follow a natural breast shape that is wider in the lower portion and tapers at the top.
- Profile: The breast implant profile describes the thickness or amount an implant sticks out from the chest. Profile options include low, moderate, high, and ultra high.
- Texture: The outer covering of your breast implants can be smooth or textured. Smooth implants are designed to enable the breast to move naturally with your body. Anatomical implants are textured to keep them oriented properly (with the narrow end at the top of the breast).
For more information about choosing breast implants, visit Dr. Cash's Breast Augmentation FAQ.